Moses Pelham - Shared pain
From the album: Split sorry I 1998
suffering, you know suffering, suffering can you do?
suffering are everywhere, but wallowing in sorrow, taking on the suffering, come and get over the short-term triumph over suffering, is just to have it stand upright to see as happiness, only to soon add new disease-not to give but
has to be learned.
As regards suffering, I think I can sing a song or 10 or 20,
but I'm still standing.
any case comes before me sometimes like I would look for the suffering
overcome only by it and write about it to.
Maybe it but so that the suffering is looking for me and I write about
because it is overcome only pretending.
The suffering is bearable if it is held -
if only in words and melodies.
I have less pain when it is shared -
if only given.
Perhaps it is true that a crisis shared is a problem halved.
Perhaps this is like so much else, just lie.
However,
I would like to thank that you allow me to share with you my pain
You wear my package so that a piece of me and Ease my troubles. If my songs accompany you as you endure your suffering and they can be for you witness to your suffering, as they are for me to witness my suffering. When they tell his only consolation in a moment can, as they are to me in so many moments of comfort, then we are in these songs firmly connected than most relatives will ever be.
Well these are my listeners,
my right listeners, my predetermined listeners - which to me is the rest? The rest is just the human race -
you have to think of humanity, in power, in loftiness of soul, in contempt.
I will not stop my suffering to put into songs
to my suffering I finally break the backbone,
I fall to the ground and humanity crashes on me.
But even if that happens, you will not be able to prevent new people from these songs draw consolation, courage, hope and strength.
Among these people will always be someone who is willing to throw in the world with a firm voice his pain, his suffering, his contempt for and against his name.
should be a comfort to me .
lyrics, cover of Moses Pelham
0 comments:
Post a Comment