glass house - By gracious powers
From the album: New 2009
Moses Pelham in hip-hop news interview, December 2009:
Moses: The idea that I have a song about a difficult situation in which I am writing and I am therefore of the soul writing, at the same time is someone who in a similar situation with a consolation am, this is a great tradition and I do not want to leave, because I think it is very important, but an entire LP, the only way is that it is not what I want right now. A plate depicting the more out of life, the moment is rather the very thing I am longing. As an artist, but above all as a human being, I will not only sorrow for me, I want some Perspective. If you look "By gracious powers," which was also a heavy piece, listen to or you read through the text as edifying is and lead you in mind, written in what situation Dietrich Bonhoeffer has, it's frankly too pretty shameful, just write pieces in which you complain how bad you feel.
the full interview on http://hiphop.mediaquell.com/2009/11/21/interview-glashaus-november-2009-839/
Dietrich Bonhoeffer
(born February 4, 1906 in Breslau; † 9 April 1945 Flossenbürg)
was a Lutheran theologian, high-profile representatives of the Confessing Church and member of the German resistance against National Socialism.
qualified as the age of 24, according to Bonhoeffer was abroad professor of Protestant theology in Berlin and youth officer in the predecessor of the World Council. From April 1933 he took a public position against the Nazi persecution of Jews and was active in the church struggle against the German Christians and the Aryan paragraph. From 1935 he headed the seminary of the Confessing Church in Finkenwalde, that was later illegally, until 1940. From about 1938, he joined the resistance by Franz Wilhelm Canaris. In 1940, he received speech ban and in 1941 banned from writing. On 5 April 1943, he was arrested and two years later on the orders of Adolf Hitler as one of the last anti-Nazi, that the assassination of the 20th July 1944 brought in connection executed.
Flossenbürg In the winter of 1944 he wrote a Christmas greeting to his family ......
"By gracious powers"
A letter dated 19 December 1944 presented to his fiancée Bonhoeffer a text as a Christmas greeting for you and the parents and siblings "in that begins with the following verses:
" By gracious powers context, faithful and silent ,
protected and comforted wonderful
these days I will live with you
and go with you in a new year. "
This personal biographical poem also referred to his own situation as a prisoner and the his family before the unspoken background of the Nazi regime and the war. His brother Klaus and brother in law Hans von Dohnanyi and Rüdiger Schleicher were imprisoned brother Walter had been killed, his twin sister Sabine had gone with her Jewish husband Gerhard Leibholz abroad. Sun Bonhoeffer wrote in a letter accompanying text to the poem to his fiancee:
"So I have not for a moment felt alone and abandoned. You and the parents, you all, friends and students in the field, you are always present. [...] If in the old children's song of the angels is, two BWA, cover me, Two that wake me up, so they preserve the evening and the morning by a good invisible powers something we adults today need no less than the children .
In the early morning hours of 9 April 1945 Dietrich Bonhoeffer was executed by hanging.
Source: German Bundesarchiv (German Federal Archives), image 146-1987-074-16
music and text: Otto Abel / Dietrich Bonhoeffer
video and cover: glass house
0 comments:
Post a Comment